Down Payment Assistance
The CalHFA FHA offers financing up to 105% of the purchase price or appraised value whichever is less. To make buying a home more affordable, down payment and closing cost assistance may be obtained when combining this CalHFA first mortgage with CalHFA junior loan programs.
There is no first time home buyer requirement; however, you cannot own any other homes at the close of escrow. First time home buyer course must be completed and certificate signed, then delivered to us.
- Online: https://calhfa.ehomeamerica.org/sponsor_user/sponsor_main
- Person: http://www.calhfa.ca.gov/homebuyer/calhfa_neighborworks_america.pdf or http://hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/hcc/hcs.cfm?weblistaction=summary
- Refer to CalHFA's income limits established for the county in which the property is located. https://www.calhfa.ca.gov/homeownership/limits/index.htm
- Refer to CalHFA's published sales price limits for the county in which the property is located. https://www.calhfa.ca.gov/homeownership/limits/salesprice/salesprice.pdf
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien or other qualified alien.
- Existing single family, one-unit residence, including condominium/PUDs and Manufactured Housing(Certain Restrictions Apply) Leaseholds/Land Trusts are not allowed with this program.
- CalHFA offers Down Payments Assistance Programs (MyHome combined with ZIP) or (School Teacher and Employee Assistance Program combined with ZIP) Which can be used for Down payment and/or closing cost assistance.
- Homebuyer education is required for each CalHFA borrower.